Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Muse-ick

Have you ever sat down to write something and felt like an overwhelmed dry well?  It's like the torrent of input is still brimming over, the soil is saturated and no end to the rain.  Maybe I'm receiving a vision of tomorrow's weather.  Maybe I'm over burdened with information about how to treat storm water runoff after digging out a twenty seven foot length of black corrugated drainpipe and replacing it with polyvinyl chloride drain and sewer pipe.  Maybe it was waking up to a song that was stuck in my head all day and I can't remember the lyrics. 


Okay, it's been a day and I remember the song.  It was Tracy Chapman's "Fast Car."  What a great song, but really, no one should be asked to handle a trip like that at 5:40 am.  The guitar riff was in my head all day.  Unfortunately the tune in my head has changed to Kings of Leon "Use Somebody," which isn't a very good song, I'm sorry to say, and I can't trade it back.  


I guess for now I'm just happy I could figure out the name of the song.  Maybe I'll have time to actually pick up my guitar soon.  Stranger things have happened. 

No comments: