Saturday, June 7, 2008

So I was playing guitar yesterday just to see how Wyatt would react. He was up on our coffee table in his bouncy chair, and of course I expected him to be enthralled. Maybe even reach out for it. As I was playing I caught movement out of the corner of my eye and looked up just in time to see that he had his first instance of projectile vomiting. It arched up over the side of his chair and onto the carpet. Apparently he doesn't like the red hot chili peppers. Not to eat, folks, the band. Music, remember?

He has a nickname, which is unrelated to the projectile vomiting. Rhutabega. Rudy for short.

My friend Sara told me PBS has a cartoon with a little boy named Whyatt Beanstalk. The show is Super Why! Apparently his superpower is his imagination. I might have known about this if my TV recieved more than two and a half channels. How cool is it that he has a book on his costume? I've thought a lot about exposing Wyatt to TV and all that, and I am mostly against it, however a show about a kid with a super imagination couldn't be so bad. Wyatt will probably have to figure out that most television is garbage on his own though. I was reading that the Kings (Steven) never had a television. Even when they could afford it. They just sat around at night and read stories to each other. How cool is that?

No comments: