Friday, March 21, 2008

So I watched SICKO tonight. Watching more film has been a resolution of mine. I thought he was taking it a bit far when he loaded all those sick people into a boat and sailed to Guantanamo Bay for treatment, but they end up finding care in Cuba. That woman's inhaler cost 120 in American and something like five cents in Cuba. Health care in this country bites, that's for sure, and I guess I never realized how fear of being uninsured can really paralyze people. I was writing a story that kind of critiques the failing economy by showing life through one guy's experience, and I wanted to watch SICKO not necessarily for information, but for inspiration. There's a great short with Dennis Kucinich advocating HR 676. He's the guy who tried to Impeach Cheney. I'm proud he's an Ohioan.
'What can I do?' - SiCKO

...This is Thursday, April 10th and the story I mentioned I was working on above is on hold because writing about the economy is a horrible idea. There's a story inside the story I was trying to write, but I'm not sure what it is yet.

No comments: